TERMS AND CONDITIONS
It is hereby incorporated that BBXpress is the exclusive owner of this site bearing the domain name " https://bbxpress.com.my ", which includes all its derivatives. The access and use of this site shall thereby constitute the approval of the 'user' to be bound by the following;
The access and use of this site shall be governed by the following terms and agreement :-
All capitalized terms shall have the meaning set forth in Section 2 herein (entitled “Defined Terms”) and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
- Defined Terms:
- “Agreement” means, collectively, the terms and conditions (i) herein, (ii) in the Invoice(s) and (iii) in the Specific Content Web Page(s) applicable to the Content licensed hereunder, all of which are incorporated into this Agreement by this reference.
- “You” means either: (a) the individual listed as the registrant of the BBXpress account through which this Agreement and the license(s) granted hereunder are entered (“Registrant”), or (b) if Registrant is entering into this Agreement and the licenses granted hereunder for the benefit of, and/or as an agent on behalf of, Registrant’s employer (“Employer”) and/or a third party (“Principal”), then such Employer and/or Principal.
- “Display Images” means Content licensed without a fee solely for your internal evaluation to determine whether the Content is appropriate for your intended use as Rights Managed Content.
- “End Use” means the final work product created with the Content as authorized hereunder and excluding Comp uses.
- “Images” mean all images, respectively, and related informational materials in any medium obtained from or furnished by BBXpress hereunder, including without limitation related metadata, text, captions, or information.
- “Rights Managed Content” means Content licensed for a fee on a per-use basis and expressly designated as “Rights Managed” or “RM” by BBXpress.
- “Term” means: (1) with respect to each license granted hereunder, the term specified herein or in the applicable Invoice and/or Specific Content Web Page, unless earlier terminated as provided herein and, (2) with respect to this Agreement, the term shall end on the earlier to occur of (i) termination or cancellation of this Agreement as provided herein or (ii) the expiration of all licenses issued under this Agreement.
This Agreement is binding between BBXpress and You. If Registrant is entering into this Agreement and the licenses granted hereunder for the benefit of, and/or as an agent on behalf of Employer and/or Principal, then Registrant :-
- represents and warrants that such Principal and/or Employer has authorized Registrant to enter into this Agreement, that the licenses granted hereunder are on that Principal’s and/or Employer’s behalf, that such Principal and/or Employer has agreed to be bound hereby and that Registrant has actual and express authority to act on behalf of and bind such Principal and/or Employer to the terms of this Agreement;
- the Content and End Use is solely for the benefit of Employer, or Principal, and that Registrant will not use the Content or End Use for the benefit of any other person or entity without entering into a separate license with BBXpress, and
- Registrant will comply with all of the terms hereof and shall be jointly and severally liable for any breach of the terms of this Agreement by Principal and/or Employer. If Registrant requests any BBXpress employee or contractor to facilitate Registrant entering into any license hereunder on behalf of Registrant and through use of Registrant’s account, Registrant agrees to be bound by this Agreement.
- License Grant:
- Generally, any and all licenses granted by BBXpress are conditioned upon:-
- Your compliance with all provisions of this Agreement, and
- BBXpress’ receipt of full payment by you as identified in the applicable Invoice. Any and all license(s) granted to You hereunder and your right to use the Content shall immediately terminate upon Your failure to comply with any provision of this Agreement or to make full payment when due, in which case BBXpress shall be entitled to pursue all other remedies available under copyright and other laws.
- Rights Managed Content: Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, and excluding the rights granted in Section 3(c) and 3(d) below, BBXpress grants you a limited, non-exclusive right to use the Rights Managed Content licensed hereunder to create and exploit the End Use solely as specified in the Invoice, and expressly as limited in the Specific Content Web Pages and the terms and conditions herein. BBXpress reserves all rights not specifically granted in this Agreement. Unless otherwise stated in the Invoice, the license granted hereunder for the applicable Rights Managed Content allows you to use the Rights Managed Content obtained hereunder based on the package subscribed. Downloaded images are strictly for editorial content and use of each image is for one time usage on your licensed platform. Except where specifically permitted on the Invoice for the applicable Content, You may not distribute, publish, display or otherwise use in any way, the Rights Managed Content, including without limitation the End Use after the Term.
- Display Images: Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement (including any applicable Invoices and Specific Content Web Pages) BBXpress grants you the right to use Display Images solely for your internal evaluation to determine whether you intend to obtain a non-Comp license for the Content. You may not use Display Images in any manner except for internal evaluation of the applicable Content to determine whether you wish to apply for a license for Rights Managed Content. Unless otherwise stated in the applicable invoice, the term of the Display Images license is fifteen (15) days from the date of download or receipt. You may not copy, distribute, publish, display or otherwise use in any way the Display Images after the Term without obtaining an appropriate Rights Managed Content license for that Content. If you do not obtain such a license, upon expiration of the Term, You must destroy all copies of the Display Images Content.
- Who May Use the Content: The licenses granted under this Section 4 are limited and are non-transferable and non-sub licensable, unless otherwise specified on the applicable Invoice. Only You may use the Content and the end use must be solely for your own use. Your employees and contractors (if any) may use the content as necessary to create the end use as provided herein, provided that each such employee or contractor has agreed to comply with the terms hereof, and further provided that You remain jointly and severally liable for any breach of the terms of this Agreement by such employee(s) and/or contractor(s). Except as may otherwise be specifically stated herein, and except insofar as it has been incorporated by you into the permitted end use, You may not sell, rent, loan, give, sublicense or otherwise transfer to anyone the Content or any right to reproduce the Content.
Ownership and Intellectual Property: BBXpress and its Content sources retain all right, title, and interest in and to all of the copyrights, patent rights, trademarks, trade secrets, and all other proprietary rights in the Content. No rights in any Content are granted except the limited licenses specified in this Agreement. Any right, title or interest arising in any compilation or derivative work created using any Content shall not entitle You to use any Content except as permitted hereunder. You do not acquire any copyright ownership or equivalent rights in or to any Content or any other property of BBXpress or its Content sources as a result of any license BBXpress grants to you. You hereby allow BBXpress to use without charge Your End Use in displays and presentations for BBXpress’ marketing purposes, solely to demonstrate how you have used the Content.
- Limited Warranty and Disclaimer:
- BBXpress warrants that (subject to the restrictions and limitations contained in this Agreement):
- subject to Section 11 below, the Content, as provided hereunder, and when used as authorized in this Agreement, will not infringe any copyright, trademark, moral right, right of privacy or right of publicity, or any other intellectual property right of any third party; and
- it has sufficient rights to enter into this Agreement and grant you the rights provided herein.
- BBXpress makes no warranties, nor shall BBXpress be liable, for any claims related to or arising from your use of Content which:
- has been modified by You,
- has been combined by You with other Content, products, text, content or materials, or
- BBXpress has otherwise notified you not to use prior to the beginning of the Term of the license for the applicable Content.
EXCEPT as may be otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, BBXpress, on behalf of itself and its content sources makes no other warranty, express, implied or statutory regarding any content, its online systems, or any rights or licenses under this agreement including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Limitation of Liability: EXCEPT FOR ANY LIABILITY which cannot by law be excluded or limited, neither BBXpress nor any BBXpress subsidiary, successor, predecessor, parent, joint venture, affiliate, officer, director, employee, contractor, content source, licensor or licensee shall be liable to you or any other third party claiming through you for indirect, incidental, special, punitive, statutory or consequential damages arising out of, or relating to this Agreement and/or your use or inability to use the content, whether framed as a breach of warranty of merchantability, title, non-infringement, or fitness for a particular purpose, in tort, contract, failure of essential purpose, or otherwise. In no event shall BBXpress' or any of its subsidiaries’, successors’, predecessors’, parents’, joint ventures’, affiliates’, officers’, directors’, employees’, contractors’, content sources’, licensors’, or licensees’ total aggregate liability to You or any third party claiming through You arising from this agreement, its termination or expiration, and/or your use of any content provided hereunder, shall exceed the monetary amount actually received by BBXpress for the use of the applicable Content. The foregoing limitations are applicable notwithstanding any failure of essential purpose.
- Alterations to Editorial and Fine Art Content: Special ethical considerations apply to editorial, news, and fine art Content. When using such Content, You are solely responsible for, and shall indemnify BBXpress for any claims related to or arising from any modifications to or alterations of the Content or to the caption information.
- Your Indemnification of BBXpress: You agree to indemnify and would not hold BBXpress liable and its Content sources, officers, directors, employees, contractors, subsidiaries, joint ventures, licensors and licensees against all claims (including, without limitation, claims by third parties), liability, damages (including punitive damages), judgments, settlements, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to:
- Your breach of any terms, conditions or restrictions of this Agreement (including the terms, conditions and restrictions identified on the Invoice(s) and Specific Content Web Pages)
- Your use or modification of any Content, or combination of any Content, with any text or other content,
- Your failure to obtain from third parties all permissions necessary to use the Content,
- Content which BBXpress has otherwise notified you not to license or otherwise use prior to the beginning of the Term of the license for such Content; and (v) any act or failure to act by you or any of your employees, contractors, Employers, agents, clients, Principals, or Users.
- Releases and Clearances: Content may contain listed restrictions (either on the Invoice, Specific Content Web Page and/or Editorial and Fine Art Content List), including, without limitation, restrictions as to time, manner, industry and territory of use, and required pre-approval by a depicted person or their representative. Your ability to access Content does not entitle you to use that Content. Except as may be specifically stated in the Invoice or the Specific Content Web Page applicable to the licensed Content, the rights BBXpress grants to you do not include a license to, and BBXpress makes no representations or warranties that it owns or licenses any rights related to or in any persons, places, property (real, personal or of any other kind) or subject matter depicted in any Content. All Content may be subject to copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity, moral rights, property rights or other rights belonging to another party. You are solely responsible for determining whether your use of any Content requires the consent of any other party or the license of any additional rights, and you should not rely solely on the information provided by BBXpress. You are solely responsible for obtaining any and all releases and clearances as may be required, including without limitation;-
- rights from any representative guild, union, professional organization, or other authorized representative; and
- if any music is included in the Content, master use, synchronization and performance licenses from the copyright proprietors of the applicable master recording(s) and composition(s) and such other persons, firms or associations, societies or corporations as may own or control the performing rights thereto. If you are unsure whether additional rights are needed for your use, you are responsible for consulting with competent legal counsel. No employee or representative of BBXpress may make, and you shall not rely upon, any representations or warranties other than those stated herein.
- Unauthorized Uses: Without limitation, Content may not be used as a trademark, or for any pornographic use, unlawful purpose or use, or to defame any person, or to violate any person’s right of privacy, publicity or moral rights, or to infringe upon any copyright, trade name or trademark of any person or entity. You do not acquire, and shall not claim, any rights (trademark, copyright or otherwise) in the Content itself apart from the End Use. Unauthorized use of Content constitutes infringement of copyright and other applicable rights and shall entitle BBXpress to exercise all rights and remedies under applicable copyright and other laws, including monetary damages against all users and beneficiaries of the use of such Content. BBXpress in its sole discretion reserves the right to bill you (and you hereby agree to pay) ten (10) times the license fee for any unauthorized use, in addition to any other fees, damages and penalties BBXpress may be entitled to under this Agreement and applicable law. The foregoing is not a limiting statement of BBXpress’ or its Content sources’ rights or remedies in connection with any unauthorized use of the Content or breach of the Agreement.
- Payment/Reporting: You hereby agree to and are required to pay BBXpress for all Content that you obtain under the terms of this Agreement, regardless of whether you use the Content (except as may be provided in Section 16 below entitled “Cancellation/Termination”). This may, as set forth in the applicable Invoice, include an obligation to pay BBXpress a use based royalty and to submit an accounting or other records verifying your use of the Content.Payment must be made upfront for a minimum of thirty (30) days usage depending on the package offered.
- Taxes: You are responsible for the payment of all sales and use taxes including but not limited to Goods and Services Tax, when applicable.
- By You: If you cancel the rights granted in the Invoice within seven (7) days from the date of the Invoice, You will be charged Ringgit Malaysia One Hundred (RM100) transaction fee per Image. If the cancellation notice is received more than seven (7) days, no cancellations will be accepted and you are responsible for and must pay the full amount of the Invoice. For any cancellations, you are also liable to pay any and all service charges, production fees, processing and handling fees and shipping fees. All licenses applicable to the cancellation shall immediate terminate upon cancellation. All cancellations are final.
- By BBXpress: BBXpress may, without further obligation or any liability to you or any other person or entity, terminate this Agreement and Your license to use the Content by written notice in the event you fail to comply with any provision of this Agreement. Upon any termination, cancellation or expiration of this Agreement, neither you nor any other person or entity covered by the license granted to you under this Agreement shall have any further right to make any use of the Content.
- Copies: At BBXpress’ reasonable request, you shall provide to BBXpress free of charge one (1) copy each of any use made of the Content as authorized hereunder.
- Storage of Content: Except as expressly authorized by BBXpress in writing, You may not make any archival files of the Content. You may store the Content on Your systems solely as permitted in Your Invoice or License Agreement. In the event that such term is not included in the Invoice or License Agreement, You may be permitted to store a copy of the Content for no longer than 15 days following the date You Access such Content. All permitted archiving of the Content must retain all copyright notices and protection mechanisms employed by BBXpress or on behalf of BBXpress. Upon the termination or expirations of Your rights with respect to a Content element under an Invoice or a License Agreement, You agree to cease all use of such Content and shall promptly delete or destroy any digital copies, except that You may retain one copy of the work You create incorporating the Content solely as necessary for archival purposes.
- Protection of Content: If the use of Content is permitted on the Internet, or any other online or interactive media, you shall use your best efforts to protect the Content to ensure that it cannot be copied, ensure that it remains in the linear production for which it was licensed and cannot be searched by shot and downloaded in broadcast or substantially comparable quality.
- Resolution of Photographic Images: If the Content consists or includes a digital photographic or graphic images (“Images”), then You must adhere to the following restrictions:
If Your Licensed Platform is a website, then (i) “thumbnail” versions of such Images should not be displayed on the Licensed Platform at dimensions greater than 1.8 inches by 1.2 inches, resolutions greater than 130 pixels by 84 pixels, and at files sizes greater than 50 kilobytes, and (ii) “full sized” versions of such Images may not be displayed on the Licensed Platform at dimensions greater than 6.2 inches by 4.1 inches, resolutions greater than 96 ppi or 640 pixels by 480 pixels, and at files sizes greater than 150 kilobytes.
- Wireless Devices:
If Your Licensed Platform is a wireless device, then such Images should not be displayed on the Licensed Platform at dimensions greater than 1.8 inches by 1.2 inches, resolutions greater than 130 pixels by 84 pixels, and at file sizes greater than 50 kilobytes.
- Credit Line and Copyright Notice: In the case of Images, for editorial uses, you shall include a copyright notice and credit adjacent to each Image (in the format: “© BBXpress” or “ BBXpress” or as specified on the Specific Content Web Page) with each publicly distributed Image. Receiving credit is a material aspect of the Agreement for BBXpress, and in editorial uses of Images, You agree to pay triple the invoice amount if you do not provide such proper credit and copyright notice. For commercial uses, you agree to pay double the invoice if you fail to include the credit described above when such crediting is customary and appropriate.
- BBXpress Trademarks: Except for credits as required above, you may not use the trademarks or service marks of BBXpress without BBXpress’ prior written consent.
- Choice of Law / Jurisdiction / Solicitors’ Fees: Any dispute regarding this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia, and the parties agree to accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Malaysia, regardless of conflicts of laws. The parties hereto confirm that it is their wish that this Agreement as well as any other documents relating hereto, including notices, has been and shall be written in the English language. In any dispute between BBXpress and You for breach of this Agreement where BBXpress prevails, BBXpress shall be entitled to recover its reasonable solicitors’ fees, legal expert fees, court costs, and other legal expenses.
- Confidentiality: During this Agreement, BBXpress may provide you with certain pricing, technical, marketing and other confidential information. You acknowledge that such confidential information encompasses valuable trade secrets and is proprietary to BBXpress. You agree that you will maintain the confidentiality of any “confidential information” that BBXpress may provide to you, and you shall not use or disclose the same without the prior written consent of BBXpress. “Confidential information” includes any information that is either designated as confidential by BBXpress or that, under the circumstances surrounding the disclosure, ought in good faith to be treated as confidential by you.
In respect of any identifiable personal data (hereinafter referred to as, “the Personal Data”) that You may provide to BBXpress under this Agreement, You hereby acknowledge and warrants that you shall have ensured that the You have read and understood BBXpress’s Personal Data Protection Notice (hereinafter referred to as, “Notice”) which can be viewed at www.mediaprima.com.my/pdpa and has consented to the processing of any personal data provided to BBXpress by You in accordance with the terms contained in the Notice.
- Survival: Sections 3, 4(a), 5, 6, 9, 11, 12, 13, and 15 - 27 shall survive termination or expiration of the Agreement.
- Miscellaneous: This Agreement and any listed restrictions constitute the entire Agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and merge all prior and contemporaneous communications. This Agreement shall not be modified except by a written agreement signed by duly authorized representatives of BBXpress, provided that no purchase order or similar document issued by you shall modify this Agreement even if signed by BBXpress. If BBXpress ’ performance of any of its obligations hereunder is delayed by labour dispute, war, governmental action, acts of terrorism, flood, fire, explosion, other act of nature, the public enemy, or any other matter not within BBXpress’s reasonable control, then the date for performance shall be extended by the time of such delay. If any provision of this Agreement is found invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms. Accordingly, the parties agree that if any provisions are deemed not enforceable, they shall be deemed modified to the extent necessary to make them enforceable and in such manner as comes closest to the intentions of the parties to this Agreement as is possible. This Agreement will inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the parties, their successors and assigns, except that you may not assign or transfer this Agreement without BBXpress’ prior written consent.
- On Latest Update
KINDLY READ THE ABOVE CAREFULLY. The terms and conditions, the content-specific invoice ("invoice") and the content-specific online page(s) located at http://bbxpress.com.my ("specific content web page") applicable to the licensed content (if any), collectively govern your access and use of all material and images (collectively, "content') available from BBXpress, and constitute a binding agreement ("agreement") between you and BBXpress. By obtaining, using or paying for any content from BBXpress, you agree to be bounded by and comply with all of the terms of this agreement. If you do not agree with any of the applicable terms, kindly do not obtain or use any content from https://bbxpress.com.my